Saturday, July 11, 2015

Cafe Hideaway

Where I live in Stellenbosch you can see mountains all around in the distance. My landlord suggested I drive up further into the mountains, and check out what there is to see and stop at a small café. Well, this café turned out to be my perfect place. The café is small, one cook and one server, limited indoor seating, and 3 – 4 picnic tables outside. Thankfully my mom and I were there on a day the sun could not have been shining brighter or more beautifully. We got to talking to our waiter, who was an older man who had bought the property 7 years ago. The little building the cafe is in is an old Dutch church. He says he is into healthy and organic food, and he serves nothing that he will not eat himself. We loved him, we loved the food, and the whole experience. Neither videos or pictures do this place justice. Sitting amongst vineyards with the sun shining, and unbelievable mountains on both sides…life could not have been more peaceful in that little hideaway.



No comments:

Post a Comment