Sunday, May 15, 2016

Last day of Jewellery Making Class

Last Wednesday was our last Jewellery class. This may surprise you, but it was a very difficult class for me. As my mom says, I am more the type that is "a bull in a china shop" than a soft and delicate jewellery maker. I broke little saws about a hundred times, sawed into my work table, had to start my necklace over again because I tied my knots too tight to get out when I made a mistake, and hated sanding and perfecting edges and corners to perfect the small details. 

Yet, in the end, I really enjoyed this class. I feel like I really learned a lot. I definitely learned that making jewellery is no easy task, and it is probably not what I will have a future career in. But I really appreciated just a small insight into that world. I had great classmates. We got to talk and learn about each other throughout the semester as we worked together. I am kind of sad that this class has ended, but I am ready for new things!


1 comment:

  1. Too bad Robin wasn't there to help you with this class. She made some beautiful things when she worked for the jeweler in Berkeley.

    ReplyDelete