Thursday, September 3, 2015

Hike in Jonkershoek

Michael and I enjoyed a nice day and beautiful weather in Jonkershoek. We hiked by rivers and saw two different waterfalls. The pictures below were taken under the trees as we were starting to lose daylight, so unfortunately the quality is not the best. Hopefully you can still get an idea. This is the last place we saw before heading back. Leading up to this point there are many other different and beautiful views. 

We got back to the park entrance around 6:30-6:40. The gate had closed at 6:00. No one had told us when the park gate closed, and the sign only says it closes at 6:00pm in a very small place that is not clear to someone driving in. I even went back to my receipt from the park. When I signed in I wrote down my cell phone number. Clearly we did not sign out, and no one even called! Everyone was gone. We had to call the emergency number to ask if we could be let out. Although it was our mistake I was shocked by the rude phone that took place with the woman on the other line. She was irritated that we had not "read the sign" before we entered. She kept telling me I should have read the sign, and she did not know if the person with the keys was even in town or not. I had to keep telling her that it did not matter anymore whether we read the sign or not, and that we had to deal with the current situation...which was that we were stuck and needed help to get out unless we were going to spend the night in the car. 

What a crazy situation! Finally someone came and opened the gate for us. Thankfully they were nice, we apologized, and headed home :) 





1 comment:

  1. I love the fact you kept your phone call focused on the actual problem. Sounds like the lady on the other end needs some training!

    ReplyDelete