Thursday, September 3, 2015

Back to Cheetah Outreach.

When my mom was in South Africa we visited Cheetah Outreach. I posted pictures earlier from our time there, and we loved it! Unfortunately Michael, Sophie, Laura, and me had a bit of a different experience...

My mom and I got very lost on our way to Cheetah Outreach. What should have taken around 30-40 minutes took 2 hours, so we arrived very late. When we arrived there were no other tourists or people around. It was just two of us. We got more time to talk to the volunteers and ask questions. We spent more time petting the cheetah, and even got to hear it purrrrr!!! It seemed like a very intimate and special experience. 

Michael, Laura, Sophie and I arrived in the afternoon. They even had a specific tour this time which was full. The environment was louder and more "touristy." There were some rather impolite children ahead of us in line which none of us appreciated. The four of us were the last to pet the cheetah after at least 15 other people. The cheetah seemed a little more defensive. It was not as calm and did not purr. Of course it was still amazing and fun, and I think the cheetah felt OUR love...but it definitely had a different vibe than my first time there. 

I have one picture of the four of us, but I have to scan it. So it is not on my computer yet. But if you look closely at the first picture Sophie and Laura and standing together behind Michael and me! :)

Michael. Me. 

Michael. Me. 

Cheetah. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey cat lover,
    Emma, skyler, and I were taking a walk down our road (Cox) on Sunday at about 10:00am and we saw a mountain lion! It was a juvenile... not huge or anything, but it was about 100 feet away and DEFINITELY a mountain lion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Gosh. That is so wild! I would love to have seen it :)

    ReplyDelete