Sunday, February 28, 2016

Indalu

Last year when my boyfriend, Michael, visited me we accidentally stumbled upon the Indalu Game Reserve on our way home from our road trip. The brochure said we could walk with elephants, and I was dying to do it. We ended up having the most amazing time!

Jacob and Iris said they were taking a road trip from Cape Town to Mossel Bay, and then all the way to Port Elizabeth. I wanted to go, but I had school on Monday and definitely could not miss it. I almost decided not to go because of conflicts with school and expensive plane tickets. But Laura and I ended up chatting with our friend, Laurin, who suggested we look into the night busses. So, we found a night bus from Port Elizabeth to Stellenbosch for only $25 per person. We knew it wasn't going to be fun, but Laura and I decided to go for it! 

Because of my awesome previous experience at Indalu with Michael, I brought Jacob, Iris, and Laura to the same place. We had an amazing time. The weather was gorgeous. The elephants were just as massive and stunning as they were before. We had the great experienced elephant trainers from Zimbabwe. The whole thing was fabulous. The only sad thing was that Iris was too scared to feed the elephants (which is one of the best parts)! 

As usual Osty, the Ostrich joined us on our one kilometre elephant walk. He stays in the back, right in line with the rest of the elephants. Osty did this when Michael and I were there together, and apparently he does this every single time. Even if they take two walks in a day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, Osty is right there with them. It seems after spending so much time with these elephants, Osty may think he actually is an elephant. Neither the elephants, or Osty, seem to mind the identity confusion. They are all quite happy. I still get a kick out of it every time. It is too funny. Osty never misses a walk. I can understand why though...walking with these elephants is an experience of a lifetime :)
Iris and me. 

Loving this ostrich :)

Me. Laura. 

Laura. Me. 

Laura. 

Me. 

Feeding the elephants. 

Jacob. Iris. Laura. Me. 

Jacob. Iris. Me. Laura. 

Iris and Jacob. 

Me. 

Chasing Osty, the ostrich. 

Osty and me. 

Osty was not in the mood to play games. 

1 comment:

  1. Are you chasing Osty away from his friends, the elephants???
    I love him.

    ReplyDelete