Monday, August 3, 2015

Laura and her coconut

You have all seen Laura in previous pictures. We have become friends and she is from Austria. We met up today for a hot chocolate and I immediately asked her what was wrong with her face, or if she knew what was on her face?!?!?! 

She had just come from art class and did not even realize she had paint on her forehead and cheek. She is studying to be an art teacher. She also bought a coconut a while ago which she can not figure out how to open. She brought it to campus today in hopes to find out, and she decided she wanted to draw it because she thought it was so amazing. I am in a digital photography class, and it has only just started to scratch the surface for me to think of nice and unique images in photography etc. But somehow, in the moment, it struck me how beautiful she looked in the sun--a rather hard wind blowing her hair, the paint on her face, charcoal on her hands, and intensely examining her coconut. I did not have my camera so I had to use my phone. Next time I will be prepared with a camera. Nonetheless I wanted to share these pictures because I think they are beautiful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment