Thursday, August 6, 2015

Happy Birthday Laurin!!! (August 6, 2015)

 Although Laurin was initially shy and did not want to have a big party which drew attention to his birthday, quite a crowd came out to celebrate. We had a great night celebrating, having some drinks, competing with other tables at trivia, and generally having a lovely evening. I had friends at the table, and also met new ones. Our group consisted of people from Germany, Ghana, Rwanda, Austria, Uganda, Senegal, Italy, South Africa, and USA (me!).

I hope Laurin enjoyed his birthday as much as we did. Now it is time for bed. Although the weekend begins, so does my work load. I have spent a little too much time having fun and not enough doing my reading. It has all been worth it though, and I will catch up on everything in the next few days!


Laurin: the birthday boy. 

The group: unfortunately before everyone arrived. 

Laura & Laurin. (When Laura arrived she gave Laurin one of her drawings for his birthday). 

Laurin. Sophie. Rene.
Laurin: from Germany
Sophie: from Germany
Rene: from South Africa 

Laura. Me.
Laura: from Austria 

Working together at trivia.
(I knew the answer to only one question. It asked which 4 actors (xyz) were in a movie together. I knew the answer was the movie, "A Knight's Tale." One of my all time favorites. 

Me. My buddy, George.
George: from Ghana. 

This was either Timmy or Jimmy. He was full of life, to say the least...  :-D
Timmy/ Jimmy: from Johannesburg, SA. 

Amina. Laurin. Sophie.
Amina: from Senegal.
Laurin & Sophie: from Germany. 

Cesar. Me. Amina.
Cesar: from Uganda.
Amina: from Senegal. 

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful evening. Not bad for someone who didn't want to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If he wants to do it again next year, his birthday will have to be at the UN

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete