Sunday, January 17, 2016

Carnival, Germany.

After Angelika's birthday celebration Benny, Caroline, Michael and I headed for Carnival. We brought our costumes to the restaurant, so we got out of the car ready to change! As you can see there is quite a lot of snow, and it was pretty chilly (for me anyway). 

I fell in love with the red wig and strawberry outfit as soon as I put it on. Sadly my scarf and huge jackets underneath were not a good match. But I think the red wig looked awesome! 

We yelled as floats passed us. If we yelled loud enough and got their attention they usually threw us some candy or popcorn. They had a wide range of hand made floats and people dressed in costumes....Pocahontus, Snow White, pirates, Olaf's from Frozen, Jurassic Park, dancers, bands, Tigger's from Winnie the Pooh, some scarier costumes, traditional German clothing (lederhosen), and much much more! 

There were over 70 floats/cars in the parade. Around #60 or so I decided I could not stay any longer. My mood went from so happy and excited to almost miserable due to my cold feet. I was wearing appropriate clothing for my upper body, and I was perfectly warm. But I wore the wrong shoes and socks, and my toes started to hurt and tingle in pain. We left and saw the remaining pieces on our way out. Once we got home my toes warmed up very quickly and I was perfectly happy again. It just shows me how important it is to be prepared. 

When we got home we had a nice time with Angelika's parents for coffee and cake for her birthday. In the evening Michael and I went for a walk where he started a snowball fight. He has much more experience with making snowballs than me, so I made 1 for every 10 he made. I need to practice :)

Caroline and Benny. 

Michael and me. 

Caroline, Michael, and Benny. 

Benny and Caroline. 

Benny. Me. Michael. 

Benny. Me. Michael. 

Benny. Me. Michael. Caroline. 

1 comment: