Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Less than two weeks left.

Last week I got two shots, one for typhoid and one for yellow fever. Although yellow fever is not a problem in the area where I will be studying and living, it is in places I might visit while I am there. So, I got both shots. I was also given medication for malaria and diarrhea. Both of those I will not take unless necessary. Again, malaria is not a problem where I am going, but if I were to travel to other parts of South Africa or neighboring countries it could be.

Somehow I managed to finish all my appointments. For a while it seemed like I was in a doctor's office, at the bank, the police station, the DMV, and much more every single day. Not to mention all the work my mom has done. This process has been team work at its finest. She has been dealing with the insurance, problems getting year long prescriptions filled, money transfers, and a million other things!

Now it is less than two weeks before we leave. The last thing for me to do is pack. I have most of my clothes laid out, but I have not thought about any of the smaller things. Still more to do. My mom and I leave for Birmingham, Alabama today. My grandmother's 82nd birthday is this Friday! A million things are packed into the next 10 days...I am scared of how fast it will go by. I am excited to go to South Africa, but it also just hit me how little time there is before I leave. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment