Friday, June 26, 2015

Leaving Tomorrow!

I can finally say that I am leaving for South Africa tomorrow. I met some new people today when I had lunch downtown with my boyfriend, and when they asked where I was studying abroad and when did I leave, it was so strange to tell them, "South Africa, and...TOMORROW!"

My mom will be joining me for the first few weeks, helping me to move in...and have some fun! We are almost ready, but packing for a year is no easy task. I put most things back in my closet, and will be going with much less than I originally thought.

I am excited to arrive in South Africa...but I am not excited about the flight to Amsterdam, the layover, and then another flight to South Africa--about 30 hours in the plane and airport. But arriving makes me forget about all that. This last week has been hard. I had to part with my cousins, grandparents, friends and family...knowing I would not see them for a year. Tomorrow I will have to say goodbye to my dad and boyfriend. Luckily with today's technology we can all keep in touch. It is just a strange feeling to know you won't see certain people almost every day like you usually do. I suppose that is part of the adventure.

Thanks to professors, friends, family, my boyfriend, and everyone else for being supportive of this study abroad exchange program. My next post to you will be from Africa! Keep checking in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment