Monday, June 29, 2015

24 Hours in Amsterdam.

Wow! What a crazy 48 hours! My mom and I waited out a huge thunderstorm with all the other passengers in Atlanta who were heading to Amsterdam. The delay in Atlanta caused us to miss our flight to Cape Town. Apparently there is only one flight a day from Amsterdam to Cape Town, so they set us up in a hotel with meals at the hotel. After the long flight I was pretty excited to not have to get straight on another plane, and even more excited that I would be able to step outside the airport and have my feet on the ground in Europe for the first time. We dropped our stuff off at the hotel, and tired as we were...we bought train tickets, went on a canal tour, and walked around the city! After a nice dinner at the hotel we passed out. Then woke up at 6 AM to catch our re-booked flight to Cape Town. After an 11 hour flight we have arrived safely in Cape Town and are at the airport hotel. We struggled driving a short distance on the left side of the road, and then had to figure out how to turn on lights in our hotel room. Otherwise everyone has been extremely nice, our trip has gone smoothly for the most part, and I have an extra stamp in my passport for my 24 hours in Amsterdam. It was great!!! 

Pictures are coming! I have to get better internet connection first :)

No comments:

Post a Comment